We have fun new organic products for Valentine’s Day to share with you! Our Chocolate Almond Truffle Body Butter is back, plus we have 3 new Organic Rollerball Perfumes and a new Gift Box!
In this limited edition scent, we have added Organic Sapote Fruit Seed Oil (with a natural almond scent) and Cocoa Absolute (with a delicious chocolate liquor aroma). It will definitely make your mouth water!
$10 for 3.1 oz. (new size!)
$20 for 6.22 oz.
I created our new rollerball perfumes to honor the unique personalities of my girlfriends Cindy, Dadra, and Pam. Thanks for inspiring me ladies — hopefully they will inspire you too!
- Captivating Cindy: This perfume is reminiscent of a sparkling lime margarita, with notes of orange, grapefruit, sage, lemon, and amyris.
- Dazzling Dadra: A sultry, alluring scent with lavender, patchouli, vetiver, lemongrass, and oakmoss.
- Provocative Pam: A flirtatious ginger, ylang ylang, orange scent with hints of basil and vanilla.
Our Price: $19.95
Our Valentine’s Day Gift Box contains one 3.1 oz. limited edition organic body butter in Chocolate Almond Truffle, plus your choice of organic rollerball perfume (Captivating Cindy, Dazzling Dadra or Provocative Pam).
Our Price: $32
Read Full Post »
Treat yourself to any of Hothouse Botanicals’ Aromatherapy Bath Salts, Organic Perfumes, or Sugar Scrubs and get one free! To get the discount, add 2 of the same product to your cart. If you would like to mix-and-match scents for a product, please leave your scent request in the “Order Comments” field when checking out. P.S. Don’t forget to check out our Autumn Amber & Pumpkin Spice Body Butters (available for a limited time). Happy Halloween!
*Sale ends at midnight on Halloween
Aromatherapy Bath Salts:
Dead Sea and Bali Reef Salts are combined with pure essential oils to create a mineral rich aromatherapy bath experience. Dead Sea Salts are highly prized for their unique high concentrations of magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium, which help to provide relief from muscle aches and pains as well as dry skin. Choose from our four aromatherapy scents:
- Bergamot/Ylang Ylang: exhilarating and inspiring
- Bourbon Geranium: stress relief
- Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba: relaxing and uplifting
- Vanilla/Lime: comforting and refreshing
Organic Solid Perfumes:
Our organic solid perfumes are made with organic grape seed oil and pure organic essential oils. Choose from:
- Licorice Candy
- Love’s Embrace: A lovely floral scent with jasmine, geranium, peru balsam, and a hint of spice.
- Seductress: This is a gorgeous green Chypre scent with hints of oak moss, violet leaf, and bergamot.
- Signature Scents: Bergamot/Ylang Ylang, Bourbon Geranium, Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba, & Vanilla/Lime
Whipped Sugar Scrubs:
Pure sugar cane crystals are whipped with skin-softening Organic Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and essential oils to create an exfoliating treat for your body. Through use of our scrub, radiantly healthy skin will be revealed and your skin will feel soft, smooth, and revitalized!
Read Full Post »
We make organic perfumes at Hothouse Botanicals, because they are healthy for your skin. Here are several articles that discuss the reasons why you should use organic perfumes (made from the essential oils of real flowers) vs. synthetic fragrance/perfumes:
1. Beauty Xpose’s article: Is Something Sinister Lurking in Your Signature Scent?
2. Green Muse’s article: Toxic Fragrances
3. Environment New Service’s article: Lab Tests Find Toxic Chemicals in Popular Perfumes
4. Cancer Prevention Coalition’s article: Fragrances and Perfumes Can Be Toxic
5. The Examiner’s article: Toxic Chemicals Found in Popular Perfumes, Lotions, and Colognes
Read Full Post »
Maryann from Matthew’s Puzzle tried our Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba Bath Salts and our Bourbon Geranium Aromatherapy Soy Candles. She said that she was “…drawn to Hothouse Botanicals because of how they make their products. They are all made with pure natural essential oils – natural aromatherapy for the user! There are no synthetic fragrance or color, which it so important when following a biomedical protocol. Hothouse Botanicals contain NO Parabens, NO SLS, and are “dirty dozen free”; something we need to consider not only for our autistic children but for our own health and the health of the planet in general. Hothouse Botanicals is thinking globally, one person at a time. The products are also 100% Vegan friendly and cruelty-free.”
Maryann liked the Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba Bath Salts which have “… a delicate lavender lemon aroma that could help calm and sooth. I used it with the boys in their nighttime bath…the boys slept beautifully. Now I want to try it myself so I can detox and relax too.”
Maryann loves the fact that we use recycled glass containers for our soy candles. Regarding the Bourbon Geranium Soy Candle, she says that “…it has a soft rosy-minty scent that is perfect for the spring and summer. I could really see using it during an evening dinner party on your patio, the candle and the fireflies providing just the right lighting while your guests enjoy a glass of chilled white wine. It would set the mood quite nicely.”
If you’d like to read the full review and enter to win a Bourbon Geranium Soy Candle, please visit Matthew’s Puzzle and follow their instructions.
Jessica from This Dangerous Life reviewed our Vanilla/Lime Whipped Sugar Scrub and our three Organic Perfumes. Jessica describes the Whipped Sugar Scrub as “HEAVEN. Our youngest has been home sick the past week, and let me tell you….this sugar scrub saved me! Every night I used it in the bath, after the baby wentto bed (for all of two fitful hours at a time!) and it was such a release. And my skin just loved it!” She says that our Organic Perfumes “…are just as amazing! I loved that they are solid because then I can put them wherever I want. I discovered that if I put them on my pressure points, then the scent would kind of rejuvenate itself during the day! It was awesome. My favorite was totally the licorice candy scent. I was hesitant to try this one, because licorice perfume?! Weird right? WRONG. It smelled so good, it made my kids hungry. I love licorice, so I loved faintly smelling it all through the day. There are two other scents too- Love’s Embrace, a floral scent with jasmine and spice, and also Seductress (hubba hubba) which had violet and bergamot. I loved these two also, but the Licorice Candy won me over.”
Read Jessica’s entire review here: This Dangerous Life
Read Full Post »
Gigi from BeautyXpose.com reviewed our Cocoa/Lime Hemp Lip Balms for her article, “Chocolate Craving: Lip-Licking Good Beauty Products.” She enjoyed the unique chocolate lime flavor of the lip balm and loved its effectiveness. “We automatically noticed the difference; it was as if our lips had been drenched in moisture. And unlike a lot of drug store options, the balm didn’t wear off after only a few minutes. Considering the quality is so much better than a generic balm, we love the fact that it is just as cheap at only $3.99.”
Karissa from PrissyGreen.com has reviewed our three organic perfumes: Licorice Candy, Love’s Embrace, and Seductress. Karissa explains that, “I really thought my favorite would be the Seductress, which I do in fact enjoy, but I was quite surprised that I love the Love’s Embrace! I am not usually a fan of florals but this is pieced together so nicely it is just tender and sweet. The Licorice Candy is also a nice change from the normal and if you are experiencing a low sex drive this might be a perfect match! They are so unique being solids but not being the overpriced solid perfumes at the retail shops, there are affordable and portable! So easy to throw in your bag and take on a trip, or take for refreshing at night!”
Enter to win our three organic perfumes:
- Visit Hothouse Botanicals and pick out one other Hothouse product you would like to try out.
- Then go to PrissyGreen.com and leave a comment for Karissa letting her know which product you’ve picked.
For two extra entries you can follow @Hothousebotanic on twitter and tweet this giveaway (be sure to leave the link and post two comments on PrissyGreen.com)!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Articles, tagged bergamot, geranium, gift giving, jasmine, licorice candy, love's embrace, oak moss, organic grape seed oil, organic perfumes, peru balsam, seductress, skin nurturing, violet leaf on November 21, 2008|
Leave a Comment »
Our new organic solid perfumes are special because they are made with organic grape seed oil and pure essential oils. They are perfect for holiday gift giving at $15 each and are housed in 1/2 oz. aluminum tins with an organza pouch. Solid perfumes are perfect for traveling, since they do not spill and will easily fit inside a pocket or purse. The organic grape seed oil is skin nurturing and the scents last a long time.
- Licorice Candy: This perfume will help spice things up a bit when you are feeling that you would like to increase your seductiveness. Studies have shown that women are naturally turned on by the scent of black licorice.
- Love’s Embrace: A lovely floral scent with jasmine, geranium, peru balsam, and a hint of spice. Apply this perfume to your pulse points and you’re ready for a rendezvous in a magical garden with the one you love.
- Seductress: This is a gorgeous green Chypre scent with hints of oak moss, violet leaf, and bergamot. Reminiscent of stepping into a beautiful hidden forest glade where the light gently dances on your skin, Seductress will delight your senses.
Read Full Post »