Buy one get one free on any of Hothouse Botanicals‘ organic solid or rollerball perfumes! Add 2 to your cart & use coupon SWEET at checkout for deal.
Choose from our organic solid perfumes :
- Bergamot/Ylang Ylang (spicy orange floral)
- Bourbon Geranium (rosy minty)
- Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba (lavender lemon)
- Licorice Candy (top seller on Amazon.com!)
- Love’s Embrace (floral with jasmine, geranium & peru balsam)
- Seductress (gorgeous green Chypre scent with violet & oakmoss)
Or our organic rollerball perfumes :
- Captivating Cindy (sparkling lime margarita)
- Dazzling Dadra (a sultry patchouli, lavender, vetiver, lemongrass, & oakmoss)
- Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba
- Lotus Blossom (sun-kissed floral with a hint of berries and woods)
- Provocative Pam (flirtatious ginger, ylang ylang, orange aroma with basil and vanilla)
Hurry! Sale ends Saturday, February 14th at midnight. Shop Now: hothousebotanicals.com
Posted in Articles | Tagged BOGO sale, buy one get one free sale, essential oil, organic grapeseed oil, organic jojoba oil, Organic Perfume, organic rollerball perfume, valentines gift, vegan gift | Leave a Comment »
One of my pet peeves with the big box skincare industry is that “tocopheryl acetate” is widely found on ingredient labels for products that are marketed as containing Vitamin E. Marketing synthetic Vitamin E is not only misleading, but this cheap alternative is concerning for many reasons.
What Does Vitamin E Do For Skin?
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and also one of the most researched. It is available in 8 different forms that are either extracted from nature or synthetically produced. Vitamin E molecules derived from nature are known as d-alpha-tocopherol; synthetically created molecules are known as dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate.
In skincare, natural d-alpha-tocopherol is attributed with antioxidant, anti-aging, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and enhanced SPF properties, including the following benefits:
- enhances the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients
- reduces the formation of free radicals from exposure to UV rays
- promotes the healing process
- strengthens the skin’s barrier function
- protects the skin barrier’s lipid balance
- reduces transepidermal water loss
Tocopheryl Acetate: What is It?
This ingredient is basically a form of vitamin E created in the laboratory. Manufacturers take natural vitamin E and add acetic acid to it.
Acetic acid is the main component of vinegar. The word “acid” means just what you’d think—it’s corrosive, and aggravates the skin. Why in the world would manufacturers mix perfectly good vitamin E with this irritating ingredient?
Two words: cheaper and long-lasting. Adding the acid to vitamin E makes it last longer on the shelves. That makes it easier for manufacturers to ship and store their products.
What are the Concerns?
- Irritating to skin, it can cause redness, rashes, and potential allergic reactions. In an animal study, it produced skin sensitizing or skin irritating effects.
- High doses of this ingredient have also been found in animal studies to cause tumors. Though that’s not likely to be a concern if you’re using only a little of the ingredient, as in most personal care products, the concern is the potential buildup over time. We simply don’t have the necessary safety studies on this ingredient when used for several times a day over many years.
- Tocopheryl acetate may be contaminated with hydroquinone (a whitening compound), which can also cause dermatitis, increase sensitivity to UV rays, and may have potentially carcinogenic properties.
Why take the risks with tocopheryl acetate when you do not have to? At Hothouse Botanicals, we only use d-alpha-tocopherol, the pure Vitamin E (with no acids added or tampering in the laboratory). You can find pure Vitamin E in our Cocoa/Lime Hemp Lip Balms and our Whipped Sugar Scrubs. Your skin will be happy!
Posted in Articles | Tagged anti-aging, antioxidant, d-alpha-tocopherol, natural Vitamin E | Leave a Comment »
We have fun organic products for Valentine’s Day to share with you! Our Chocolate Almond Truffle Body Butter is back, plus we have a new bath bomb, and a Valentine’s Day Gift Box!
|Chocolate Almond Truffle Body Butter
In this limited edition scent, we have added Organic Sapote Fruit Seed Oil (with a
natural almond scent) and Cocoa Absolute (with a delicious chocolate liquor aroma).
It is a delicious scent and a favorite of many of our customers!
|Love & Hugs Bath Bomb
Our Love & Hugs Bath Bomb is sure to be a hit! These luxury bath bombs are handmade with organic grapeseed oil to moisturize your skin leaving it amazingly hydrated. Scented with geranium and lavandin essential oils, our gently fizzing bath bombs slowly melt in the water releasing their skin-nourishing oils. Each bomb is topped with rose petals. Just throw one in the bath after you have the tub filled with water, lie back and relax. The bath bombs are packaged in a clear cello bag with a red tie. They are perfect as a gift for any occasion or for a deserving treat for yourself.
|Valentine’s Day Gift Box
Our Valentine’s Day Gift Box contains one 3.1 oz. limited edition organic body butter in Chocolate Almond Truffle, plus your choice of organic rollerball perfume (Captivating Cindy, Dazzling Dadra, Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba, or Provocative Pam).
Offer Expires: January 31st at midnight
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, bath bombs, cocoa absolute, essential oils, gift box, organic body butter, Organic Perfume, organic sapote oil, organic skincare, Valentine's Day gifts, vegan gifts | Leave a Comment »
Don’t miss out on savings on all of our limited edition holiday organic body butters and sugar scrubs! The sale includes Skating Party, Sugar Cookie, and Sugared Maple. After the sale, we will retire these aromatherapy scents from our website until October 2015. Get yours before they’re gone!
Sugar Cookie Organic Body Butter – Regular Price: $20 lg/$10 small
Sale Price: $10 lg/$5 small
Sugared Maple Whipped Sugar Scrub– Regular Price: $16.00
Sale Price: $8.00
*Sale ends on Thursday, January 8th at midnight.
Free shipping on all orders over $50 + plus free sample with every order! Shop Now: hothousebotanicals.com
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, cruelty free, essential oils, new years sale, organic body butter, organic skincare, sugar scrub, vegan gift, vegan skincare | Leave a Comment »
We are pleased to announce a Buy One Get One Free Sale on all Organic Body Butters, Organic Soaps, and Whipped Sugar Scrubs through midnight Tuesday! This is our best sale of the season.
Check our our limited-edition holiday aromatherapy scents made with essential oils:
- Autumn Amber
- Pumpkin Spice
- Skating Party
- Sugar Cookie
- Sugared Maple
Please share this offer with your friends!
No coupon code needed.
*Add 2 of the same item to your cart to get deal (add a comment on your order to mix scents)
Sale ends midnight Tuesday, December 2nd
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy gifts, bogo free sale, buy one get one free sale, cyber monday sale, essential oils, gift ideas, organic body butter, organic skincare, organic soap, vegan gifts, Whipped Sugar Scrubs | Leave a Comment »
In honor of Veterans Day, please thank a vet for their dedicated and loyal service to our country. plus take $10 off your next order of $25 or more on our website hothousebotanicals.com (use coupon code VETERANS10). Founded in 2007, Hothouse Botanicals products are not only a treat to the senses, but lovingly handcrafted using wholesome, nourishing ingredients. Here are a few of our limited-edition aromatherapy products to try:
Organic Body Butter $10/$20
Available in Pumpkin Spice, Autumn Amber & Sugared Maple.
Organic Soap $5
Available in Pumpkin Spice & Sugared Maple.
Whipped Sugar Scrubs $16
Available in Pumpkin Spice & Sugared Maple.
Hurry! Coupon code VETERANS10 expires at midnight on Wednesday, November 12th.
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, essential oils, organic coconut oil, organic skincare, shea butter, vegan gift, veterans day sale | Leave a Comment »
Treat yourself to any of our Aromatherapy Bath Salts, Organic Solid Perfumes, or Sugar Scrubs and save 30%! Shop now: hothousebotanicals.com
*Sale ends at midnight on Sunday, Nov. 2nd
Aromatherapy Bath Salts (now $12.60!)
Dead Sea and Bali Reef Salts are combined with pure essential oils to create a mineral rich aromatherapy bath experience. Dead Sea Salts are highly prized for their unique high concentrations of magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium, which help to provide relief from muscle aches and pains as well as dry skin. Choose from our four aromatherapy scents:
- Bergamot/Ylang Ylang: exhilarating and inspiring
- Bourbon Geranium: stress relief
- Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba: relaxing and uplifting
- Vanilla/Lime: comforting and refreshing
Organic Solid Perfumes (now $13.97!)
Our organic solid perfumes are made with organic grape seed oil and pure organic essential oils. Choose from:
- Licorice Candy
- Love’s Embrace: A lovely floral scent with jasmine, geranium, peru balsam, and a hint of spice.
- Seductress: This is a gorgeous green Chypre scent with hints of oak moss, violet leaf, and bergamot.
- Signature Scents: Bergamot/Ylang Ylang, Bourbon Geranium, Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba, & Vanilla/Lime
- Sugared Maple
Whipped Sugar Scrubs (now $11.20!)
Pure sugar cane crystals are whipped with skin-softening Organic Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and essential oils to create an exfoliating treat for your body. Through use of our scrubs, radiantly healthy skin will be revealed and your skin will feel soft, smooth, and revitalized!
- Try our four signature scents or limited edition Pumpkin Spice & Sugared Maple!
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, aromatherapy bath, Bath Salts, dead sea salt, essential oils, Halloween sale, organic gift, Organic Perfume, vegan gift, vegan skincare, Whipped Sugar Scrub | Leave a Comment »