Here are a few green tips to keep bugs away from your home:
- Keep your home clean, dry and well-sealed to keep bugs out.
- Bugs will seek out almost any point of entry, especially where there is moisture or decaying wood.
- Keep bugs out of the house by caulking cracks and holes in foundation, floors, walls and areas around pipes.
- Keep garbage cans rinsed out and tightly sealed.
- Plant flowers and herbs outside your home, which naturally keep the bad bugs away.
- Fix plumbing leaks or damp areas around pipes, wood or foundation where ants, termites and other bugs infest.
- Many of the herbs in your kitchen are natural insect repellants.
- Add 10+ drops of essential oils to your mop water (i.e. Tea Tree, Orange, Lemon, Lime, etc.) they disinfect and naturally repel bugs.
- Every time you change your bedding, clean crevices around your mattress and box springs with Borax solution, essential oils or enzyme cleaners.