I love learning about the benefits of new natural ingredients in skin care, so that we can continue to improve our products at Hothouse Botanicals. Here is a list of some that I have read about recently:
- Alisma plantago-aquatica extract (Mad-dog weed extract): great for anti-aging skin care formulas that moisturize.
- Argania spinosa sprout cell extract (Argan sprout cell extract): accelerates skin cell regeneration, firms and tones skin on face and body, and contains collagen boosters.
- Crocus chrysanthus bulb extract (Snow Crocus extract): has great anti-aging properties, helps boost collagen and elastin, and works well in products that firm and lift skin.
- Pistacia lentiscus gum (Mastic tree gum): perfect for matifying, pore minimizing, and oily and combination skin.
- Pterocarpus marsupium bark extract (Indian Kino tree bark extract): an antioxidant that has skin lightening properties.
- Sea water extract: has skin tightening properties and is a re-mineralizing agent for weakened and tired hair and skin.