My mother and aunt both had breast cancer, so whenever I come across ways to help prevent it I sit up and take notice. Here are six easy steps women can do every day:
- Eat 8 servings a day of fruits and vegetables (they contain polyphenols that promote hormone metabolism, liver detoxification, and stimulate the immune system)
- Go for a walk (ups survival rate)
- Take 1,200 to 2,000 IU of Vitamin D (helps prevent precancerous cells from turning into rogue cancer cells)
- Drink 8 cups a day of Green Tea or simply take supplements (may cut cancer recurrence)
- Take 10 to 20 milligrams of Melatonin (revs up the immune system)
*source Whole Living Magazine “Fight Breast Cancer Naturally.” October 2011.