Farm Sanctuary’s 2009 Guide to Compassionate Living just came out and you can find Hothouse Botanicals listed in the back. The Guide to Compassionate Living is a comprehensive directory of companies that offer animal-free products. The expanding ethical goods market has not only led to the creation of products that please vegans from all walks of life, but also proves that compassionate consumers can and do effect positive change every day.
With twelve more pages of content, fresh images and a brand new “Workout Gear” category, the 2009 edition is by far Farm Sanctuary’s best to date. As soon as the redesigned Veg for Life website, www.vegforlife.org, is up and running (expected some time later this year), the Guide will be offered as a free, downloadable PDF. The Veg for Life website will offer:
- tips on how to easily adopt and stick with a healthy vegan lifestyle
- discover vegan health and nutrition news and great vegan recipes
- access information about veg-friendly restaurants, vacation spots and more
- learn about compassionate companies
- see what veggie events are happening in your area
- network with others who share your compassionate values
Farm Sanctuary is the nation’s leading farm animal protection organization. With the help of more than 200,000 members and supporters nationwide, they not only work to create a more compassionate world for farm animals through public awareness campaigns, legal advocacy and education programs, but also provide refuge to thousands of formerly abused and neglected cows, pigs, chickens, and other animals at our shelters in New York and California.